Monday 11 April 2016

side lite leds

When I first left home for college, my mother was a genuine stickler about safety. I can't really count most of the lectures I endured about safety, that, while well meaning, weren't really subjects I was terribly interested in as I left home for the very first time. Of particular non-interest on my agenda were the many lessons about driving safety. Mom liked to drone on and on about how I would continue to keep my car well-stocked with emergency items such as flashlights and blankets because "you are able to never tell what is going to happen." I ignored such advice, but before I left home, Mom ensured to stock my vehicle with lots of blankets in the trunk and a surefire flashlight, streamlight flashlight, two led pelican flashlights, and a small maglite stored in the glove compartment (along with all the current appropriate batteries.)
I rolled my eyes, but never got around to clearing out the glove compartment. As life has a means of doing, eventually, my mother's words came back to haunt me on the night that my mini maglite saved my life! side lite leds
I was driving down a classic country road (one of several in the truly amazing Midwest) late one night after a party, and to my great irritation and surprise, I'd a flat tire. Pulling over the side of the street, I cursed my luck, and opened my glove compartment. I'd little choice but to listen to Mom's wisdom this time around, since the country road lacked any street lights. Looking through your choices, I finally picked the mini maglite, primarily because it was the closest. Testing the batteries, I opened my door and stepped out into the side of the road.
I'd had the misfortune to own my flat tire on a bit of road that stretched between two forested areas. I figured since I was on a pretty abandoned little bit of road, it will be easier and quicker to simply change the tire myself, rather than delay on roadside assistance. side lit leds
I walked nonchalantly back towards the trunk of the automobile, and when I was about six inches from the trunk, the light from my mini maglite picked up on the unmistakable brown and black markings of the timber rattlesnake.
Timber rattlesnakes are rare in this particular the main Midwest, and it wouldn't have have dawned on me to test for almost any snake, had I not had my trusty flashlight sidekick within my hands. Know more
Backing carefully and slowly away, as to not disturb the snake, I opened the door and got back to my car. I used my mobile phone to call for the roadside assistance I had been wary of before.
It took the type people a great hour to locate me, and the whole time, all I really could wonder is imagine if I'd actually been bitten by that snake? Would they've taken that long to locate me, as the rattlesnake's venom took its toll on my body?

No comments:

Post a Comment